With the help of this ehow, you will be able to turn those sleepless nights into vivid (clear) dreams.
Things You’ll Need:
The most important thing is a routine. Your body has an internal clock, so set the standard and be consistent. Go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning.
In order to truly sleep and allow your body and mind to rest, you should make sure your bedroom is quiet and dark. Your bedroom should be a relaxing environment that isn’t neither too cold or hot.
Next tip is to establish bedroom rules. Your bedroom should be your comfort zone where your mentally and physically rest. In other words your bedroom should be for sleeping ONLY… Watching TV, reading books or magazines, using the computer and all other activities should not be allowed in your bedroom.
When you get into your bed, try to ease your mind of the problems and stress of the day. Do not over think or brain storm any particular ideal. If needed play some smooth and soothing music with no lyrics such as jazz or instrumentals.
Avoid activities that are arousing such as heavy studying, exercising, playing games, text messaging, phone conversations, Facebook, or Myspace etc.
Avoid eating large meals before bedtime. This is a good ideal because it will help you avoid gaining weight.
Avoid drinks that have caffeine or large amounts of sugar such as coffee or red bull after lunch.
Tips & Warnings
• It is recommended that you get at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
• Sleeping is food for the brain. So eat!!
• Sufficient sleep will help you think more clearly and be more attentive.
• Get into bright light as soon as possible in the morning.
• Lack of sleep can make you look tired and feel depressed.
• Lack of sleep will contribute to poor school or work performance and negative moods such as anger or sadness.
• Do not drive when your sleepy.